Hilton, TECA Aberdeen
Working for Robertson Construction on behalf of Developers, Henry Boot, the prestigious new-build Hilton Hotel in Aberdeen is part of the new TECA conference complex.
Client: Roberston/Henry Boot Developments
The Hotel will have 200 bedrooms, including executive rooms, 9 junior suites and a presidential suite with an external terrace. The public areas are extensive and include: Reception/Lobby, Bar, Restaurant, Private Dining, Executive Lounge, 2 Boardrooms, 4 meeting rooms, Workshop Room with spacious breakout areas, Conference space and large external Terrace. In addition, there is a pool, gym, aerobic studio and luxury spa with treatment rooms and a relaxation area, which can be accessed directly from the bedroom floors.
Blyth & Blyth are providing Civil & Structural design as part of the larger development.
- Highly value engineered substructure and superstructure design.
- Compliance with Hilton Brand Standards.
- Complex interface between building envelope and structure due to unique shape of the building.
- Design of indoor Swimming Pool and surrounding structure designed for Category C4 environment.Design of long span feature stairs for dynamic effects.
- Fast paced design and construction programme
- Design of structural transfer system to create column free spaces in the public areas.
Project completed late summer 2019.