Celtic FC Various Projects
Blyth & Blyth act as the main civil and structural engineering consultancy for Celtic FC. Having extensive football stadium design experience and operational requirements, we have assisted Celtic on range of diverse projects throughout the stadium and their training facilities.
Client: Celtic FC
B&B have provided engineering services on the following projects:
- Safe Standing Rail seat Installation. The first to be implemented in the UK.
- Security Vehicle Mitigation Measures designed for circulation routes adjacent to the stadium to protect members of the public from terrorist attacks.
- Structural Appraisal of the stadium in accordance with the, “Guide to Safety at Sports Ground” by the Sports Ground Safety Authority.
- South Gable Cladding & Siderail replacement for the East & West stands.
- South Stand Roof cladding replacement.
- Floodlight & Entertainment Lighting Support Systems
- Stadium Sensory room to provide a therapeutic environment for children and adults with autism and other disabilities to watch the games.
- Horseshoe cladding replacement.
Works have to be carried out simultaneously during the close of season period which offers a limited window of opportunity to carry out works. Close liaison is required with the contractors to plan and sequence the works on site.
Works and improvements over the years have resulted in a better, safe and enhanced spectator experience at the stadium.
“Edrington have worked with Blyth and Blyth for the past 15 years on various projects throughout the group and during this time we have developed a close and trusting partnership. B&B offer the full range of engineering services, allowing us to have a one stop shop on engineering consultancy requirements, with the obvious benefits this brings. B&B experience in the whisky industry is second to none which has the double benefit of not wasting time and money having to explain the process each time. As said previously, Edrington have been working with B&B for more than15 years and with a fair wind this relationship will continue for a further 15 years and beyond.”